Thursday, April 7, 2011

AARP, You're Fired!

Dear AARP,

This is the third “Membership Reactivation Form” letter with shiny new membership cards I have received since I fired you. I compliment you on your creativity, especially the part that says:

“We are fighting for your American Dream. AARP is encouraging policy makers and leaders to strengthen Social Security, Medicare, pension and retirement benefits.”

With all due respect, that is a crock! You may be fighting for Karl Marx’s dream, but you sure as hell aren’t fighting for my American Dream. My American Dream is about opportunity, not federally mandated Ponzi schemes that suck the life out of the economy.

You may be fighting for the Utopian ideal of everyone living in peace and harmony, under the full control of a benevolent, efficient, all-powerful government. My American Dream, however, is one that emphasizes limited government and individual responsibility.

I notice you are no longer crowing about your successful support of the federal healthcare takeover. Perhaps you have noticed that most Americans think the federal government will only screw that up like they have everything else. Well, you are stuck with it. I will never return to your membership rolls, no matter how many big government handouts you promise to try to get for me.

With great disdain,
David Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment